Craig Victorian Inn
beautiful Victorian home, located along a tree-lined street of
gracious homes in the north end of Chambersburg, was built in 1880 by John Watson Craig(1830-1908). Mr. Craig "...was an able and successful farmer, carrying on his occupation successively at Welsh Run, Shippensburg, Chambersburg and Mercersburg. He returned from Mercersburg to Chambersburg in 1882 and in partnership with Thomas M. Nelson, successfully carried on ... a large lumber business. In 1898 he retired from active business and quietly attended to the affairs of his large estate. In disposition he was generous and kind and his friends always found a warm welcome awaiting them under his kindly roof."
Guests are welcomed
to large, pleasant, air-conditioned bedrooms with views of Dogwood and
Maple trees. The Mansions porches, patios, and lawn are available for
your relaxation. The Mansion features three large common rooms with
fireplaces and a dining room on the first floor.
19th century architecture
and intricate wood carving is found throughout the Mansion, from the
corner turret, to the elaborately designed and crafted foyer and open
staircase leading to the third floor. A family collection of antiques
enhance the richness of the Mansion.